Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mixed Bizness


Ever since Haydn and I drove up this street last week, I have wanted to take a picture of Eli's Mixed Business, in honor of my favorite Oracle friend, Eli. For some reason, Eli and Mixed Business do seem to go together. Hee hee. Mixed Business establishments are like convenience stores, bodegas, what have you.

Wednesday is a bit of a dreary day, there was some rain earlier and I need to remember to take clothes off the line in case percipation should happen again. Having a clothesline in the back is good living.

Last night, we headed out for a friend's birthday celebration of tapas at Captain Torres, an old Spanish place (complete with German waiters!) with big, heavy, dark wood and little, delicate pitchers of sangria. Delicious chorizo, mushrooms in a thick cream sauce, shrimp in a chunky tomato and oil with a bit of spice. After the Captain's, we stopped at a pub across the steet for a bit.

Today was minimal activity, just stuck around Bondi. Worked out getting pics up on the blog, went up to Three Steps Cafe for a bacon and avocado roll with BBQ sauce. So good and simple. Then wandered around the neighborhood and stopped at the neighborhood IGA. Will be a quiet night around here, Haydn is going to show me the ropes on making his bolognese sauce and then I have a feeling there will be some McLeod's Daughters on tv and couch time.

Oh and lest I forget to send some Aussie news back to the states, Our Mary (aka Princess Mary of Denmark, an Australian civilian who married a Danish prince) had a baby over the weekend. I love reading the papers here, The Daily Telegraph is a bit more tabloid-esque and the Sydney Morning Herald is pretty middlebrow and covers a nice range of stories and arts, and The Australian is just a bit too serious for my afternoon read.

Below is a pic of the mailboxes at an apartment building just around the corner...


Cheers,
Tara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this Spam is making me nervous to post. I'm trying to get ideas for a site I'm putting up called,Viet Nam War in Pictures , and saw yours. Mine is about agent orange and similar subjects. Any help would be appreciated if you stop by. ---Jack---

Anonymous said...

Dude! You get some weird comments! Agent orange? If you can't eat it, we don't want to know about it. This isn't "that" kind of blog! I'm in San Francisco. Spent the weekend with Grandma up in Seattle then came here for Dr. Atomic. It is a rare blue sky day here so will head out on my own culinary adventure now. Maple bars and sourdough, perhaps, to take to the slab. I'm loving your blog, though. Keep up the good work! Right on ya! Glad to hear you got a dresser, too. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

it's because i like to mix business with pleasure. like putting hookers on my corporate amex card.

-eli

Anonymous said...

What with your new ability to put up pics and Trent being on hiatus, I think chunkytoast could be the new pink. There have to be paprazzi shots of Tess.

chunkytoast said...

I'm thinking agent orange got led to my blog due to the # of references to BBQ and other orange type potato chips?!
--TC