Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's not about winning or losing...

...it's about the Secret Stadium Sauce. At least, when I go to a Milwaukee Brewers game at Miller Park, a big part of the experience is having a hot dog with the SSS. I usually try to wait til the 3rd inning, let the game get off its feet a bit.

This past Sunday, my parents and I went to see the Brewers play the Cincinnati Reds, and while the Brew Crew man-handled the Reds on Saturday 11-0, the score was exactly the opposite for the game we saw. Ahh...the Brewers! But, the redeeming part of the day was retro weekend, with $1 hot dogs and $1 sodas, and seeing my brother, too, who works there and hooked us up (as always) with seats behind home plate. Because, really, baseball is better when you can see facial expressions and such.

Here is a snapshot of the condiment stand, with the aforementioned Secret sauce -- which is a tangy tomato sauce that can't quite be called BBQ but isn't as pedestrian as ketchup. I loaded up on relish and sauerkraut too, but bypassed on onions, for those of you keeping score at home. (ha!)



And, another part of the Miller Park day, is the Sausage Race, here it is as it flys past me. I think Polish Sausage made a big come from behind victory.



Gotta love the American pastime, and my decision in the bottom of the 9th to have my second hot dog of the day.

-tc

No comments: