Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Weather with you

Just got home from seeing Crowded House at the Entertainment Centre with maybe 7,500 other people. Yes, it's that Crowded House as in Neil Finn and co. and their collection of songs that inspire cross-generational sing-a-longs.

While Crowded House were superstars and pretty much remain legends in Australia (tho, technically the Finns are Kiwis), before I moved to here I always associated them with a certain bygone era -- the early days of MTV in the Carter household, when it was Channel 23. I think it's safe to say I had a crush on Neil Finn but I might not have been totally aware. If anything, I really liked him and Crowded House hits like Something So Strong and Don't Dream Its Over bc they were sang by this well-scrubbed, rosy-cheeked guy. Boy George was confusing, Neil Finn wasn't.

And still isn't. The man has energy, a full head of hair, and can craft a song like no other.

But, I better wrap up my stroll down memory lane and will just leave you with bit of a Then and Now for pondering.

Enjoy!

Something So Strong - 1986



Don't Stop Now - 2007

No comments: