Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ominous skies

The first time I ever heard the word "ominous" was when I took an advance level spelling test in 5th grade. For some reason that word really stuck with me andI remember it was used in the context of "the dark clouds made for ominous skies," or something to that effect.

Well, here are ominous skies in full effect:



I walked out the door this morning with sunny skies to the east and nearly black skies to the west. I headed towards the bus stop in the sun and snapped this pic as light and dark met (sounds like an English class motif!). Thankfully, the sky waited about 2 minutes before it opened up with pouring rain and pebble-sized hail and I had been able to get onto the bus without getting drenched. An adventorous commute today, indeed.

xo tara

No comments: