Sunday, April 22, 2007

The more I think about it, the more I know it's true

Wilco is my all-time forever favorite band -- hardly a news flash -- and I have been a very lucky girl to work at their record label, to have met my husband through our shared Wilco experiences, and... to have seen them THREE times this week in Australia. Yes, indeedy, it was a long wait for their triumphant return to Oz since their 2003 tour, so the folks here have not had the great fortune to hear all the new tunes since then. Unlike some of us, ahem.

That changed with a heaping helping of 2 hour+ shows this week. I headed to Melbourne for the Weds and Thurs shows and enjoyed the sidestage view. I also enjoyed this amazing pizza on my Thursday strolling through St. Kilda.

(Obligatory Chunkytoast food mention)



Saturday, the lovely Joeley B accompanied me to the Enmore for an incredible show -- the room was filled with big songs, grand noise, and the audience showed enthusiasm, reverence, and thankfulness. (The Melbs peeps were probably all these things too, just not as demonstrative). And per always, I can't take a picture at a concert to save my life. So my pictorial includes one crappy shot from Enmore and then the random goodness of having an all access pass.

The kind of pic that Haydn and I will look back at in 20 years and reminisce about when we were cool:



Dueling tour managers, Jason and Haydn:



Stage awaits in Melbs:



Aforementioned poorly executed pic from Enmore show:



Wilco friends:



Ahhh, good times. Lucky people you are in Eur and N America when the band comes your way very soon.

xo tc

No comments: